Cookies Policy Cookies Policy
Cookies can be “session” or persistent. Session cookies allow a user to be identified during a live session, which means that cookers are stored and are only valid for the duration of an active session, i.e. during your visit to the website. These cookies do not permanently record any information on the hard drive of your computer and expire at the end of the session.
Our website uses 3 types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show our website, make sure that it works correctly, create your user account, start your session and manage your bookings. These technical cookies are necessary for our website to operate correctly.
- Functional cookies:We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively, such as remembering your favourite currency and language, your searches and the establishments you have consulted. These functional cookies are not required for the operating of our website, but they add functionality to it to improve the user experience.
- We use analytical cookies to understand how our users use the website, detect what works or what does not, optimise and improve the website and ensure that our users continue to think our website is interesting and relevant. The information that we collect include the websites visited, exit/reference pages, type of platform, date/time information and data such as the number of (mouse) clicks on a certain page, mouse movements, scrolling and (search) words that you use and what you write when you use our website. This information is anonymous as we only need it for statistical purposes.
Cookies on the website in general only gather certain information from the user (i.e. user’s type of Internet browser, user’s operating system and the IP address used to access our website in order to facilitate the browsing of our website).
In general, the cookies that we use are associated only with an anonymous user and their computer and do not provide references that could make it possible to work out the name and surname(s) of the user. As regards online purchasing processes in particular, the data entered by the user during that process will be associated to their session identifier for the bank reconciliation and to confirm the contracting processes.
Browsing without cookies
Users can always customise the use of “cookies”, as well as preventing the gathering of “cookies” by changing the user’s browser options. The most common are:
- Firefox: Options\Privacy\Tracking\tell websites that you do not want to be tracked
- Chrome: Chrome Menu\Settings\Show advanced settings\Privacy\Content settings\Cookies\Block sites from setting any data
- Safari: Preferences\ Privacy\Block Cookies
- Explorer: Tools\Internet options\Privacy\Settings\ move the slider all the way up to block all cookies or right to the bottom to allow all cookies and then click OK.
Completely blocking “cookies” may prevent some websites from being displayed correctly.
We specifically use the following types of cookies on our website: